CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Preschool - Apple Theme


Summer camp is over and school has begun! I wanted to spend more time with my little girl this year, so we are doing preschool at home. I thought I would post my lesson plans, 2 or 3 times a week.

We are starting with letters, and right from the beginning.

A is for Apple

1. Play hide and seek with an apple
2. Sample three apples (different varieties). Make a chart, writing down the name, the color, and a smile or frown depending on the taste. Gala and Golden apples were well liked, Granny Smith - not so much.
3. Cooking lesson: applesauce.
4. Art project: draw a tree and use a red ink pad and fingers to make the apples.
5. Field trip (planned for later this week): visit an apple farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment