CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 6, 2009

On the Road


We just got back from a 1600 mile road trip that was not entirely unsuccessful. The kids did much better than I expected. A few of my favorite items:

1. Printable map: we checked off each state as we found the corresponding license plates. Educational and fun.

2. Chicken Socks Totally Tape: hours of entertainment (hours!) for my 3 and 5 year old. My 3 year old needed help tearing, but had lots of fun applying the tape.

More road trip ideas to come!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I go for the zoombie approach to roadtrips. My kids each get a new book (which we know will last 5 minutes) and some plain white paper with a pencil. Mainly, I throw a movie in the the DVD player and say, "Enjoy!". Good for you for being the fun Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong - I will pull out the DVD player in moments of desperation. My "funness" arises only from necessity, my kids tend to get bored with videos way before my nap is over.

    ReplyDelete