CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pop-up Cards

I may be showing my inexperience in craftiness, but before today, I had never made a pop-up card. We found it quite enjoyable. Here's a quick tutorial:

1. Draw an object on cardstock. We used the 1-2-3 Draw Cartoon Aircraft for a little help. Then cut out the object.

2. Cut out a rectangle, keeping in mind the size of card you would like.

3. Fold rectangle in half.

4. Make two parallel cuts on the fold.

5. Pull out the area in between the two cuts so the area pops.

6. Glue object to pop-out area.

7. Done!



3 comments:

  1. I used to love making these when I was a kid, and I still think they are so clever! That book sounds really cool... I'm going to see if my library has it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun project. I never did these when I was a kid. Your pop-up figure is perfect--who wouldn't love getting this card?

    ReplyDelete